Typically sessions run 45-60 minutes depending on your needs and treatment plan.
- Please contact us for session rates
Choosing to utilize insurance is a personal choice when receiving psychotherapy services. Some individuals choose not to utilize their insurance since some limited information from your sessions must be shared with insurance companies in order for services to be reimbursed and considered “medically necessary”. Should you choose to utilize your insurance you should contact your insurance company prior to commencing services to be sure that services are covered and to obtain information regarding your deductible. We accept both HMO and PPO plans as well as some EAP plans and are considered “in network” with the following insurance companies:
- Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield (Ms. Manderscheid only)
- Blue Shield of California
- Magellan Health Services
- United Behavioral Health Care
Questions to Ask your Insurance Company Prior to First Session
- Do I have mental health benefits?
- Do I have a co-pay? If so, how much is it?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per calendar year does my plan cover?
- Does my plan cover an out of network provider?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
Please note that all outside services are billed at your session rate and that insurance often does not reimburse for these services. These include but are not limited to:
- Letter writing
- School observations
- Consultation with outside providers
- Records review and report writing
- Travel to and from requested meetings and attendance
- Telephone conversations
Methods of Payment
Cash, check and credit cards are accepted and payment is due at the time of service. Credit cards accepted include Visa, Mastercard and Discover.